Email Confirmations are notifications that your customers will receive when they place orders through your site. You can customize emails separately for Online Ordering, Catering, and Merch sites. Keep in mind that all Sender Email Addresses must match your domain in order to work. For example, if your URL is order.myrestaurant.com, all email addresses must be YOURNAME@myrestaurant.com.
Customers will always receive an Initial Confirmation email to let them know their order has been received. These are the other types of confirmation emails:
- Resend: You can resend your customers an order confirmation email if they haven't received or have misplaced their initial email confirmation
- Cancel: Customers will receive this email when the order is canceled, whether they request to cancel it you have to cancel it on your end
- Refund: Customers will receive this email when they receive a refund for their order
- Final: This option is only available for Catering Orders and is a confirmation you can choose to send your customers when they've been charged for their order
To change the settings for Email Confirmations:
- Go to Settings > Email Confirmations
- Scroll between Online Orders, Catering Orders, and Merch Orders to make changes to all the types of emails
- Anytime you make changes, make sure to click on Update Email Settings
- If you're adding multiple email addresses, make sure you separate them with commas
Keep in mind that the BCC Email Address will receive a copy of the email sent to the customer, which is always good to have for customer support purposes.
To edit the design of the emails, go to Settings > Email Design.
Location-specific email addresses
You can think of the BCC Email Addresses as your “global” email addresses that will receive copies of ALL order confirmation emails sent to any of your customers across all of your locations.
However, you may want certain employees to receive copies of confirmations for their location only by following these steps:
- Go to Locations and select the location you'd like to edit
- Click on Order Settings and scroll down to Location Email Settings
- If you are entering multiple addresses, make sure you separate them with commas
- Click on Update Order Settings